Our client is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability.
Administration of highly active Jira, Confluence/Atlassian instances for their Development, Test and Operations teams.
The candidate will have primary responsibility for the creation, configuration and maintenance of Jira projects across several instances, schemas and workflows across multiple projects, as well as the management of user accounts, groups, and permission schemes.
Experience and Requirements:
- Provide configuration and administrative support of the self-hosted (Linux server) Atlassian tool suite, including multiple Jira instances, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crucible/Fisheye, and User Story Maps Create and copy projects; convert existing projects from other tools (ex: ALM Complete, SharePoint).
- Jira Design, implement and maintain custom workflows, screens, dashboards, fields, permission schemes, post functions, etc., to serve as templates for Agile teams across the company
- Build filters, custom dashboards, and reports.
- Coordinate and respond to support requests Manage and update software and licenses
- Install, configure, test, and manage add-ons, plug-ins, and extensions
- Troubleshoot and fix errors common to Jira applications and application servers.
- Manage user accounts, groups, and permissions schemes to projects
- Research and implement Atlassian best practices
- Actively develop and improve Jira skill set by keeping aware of Jira industry trends, tools, and techniques
- Conduct training on Jira/Confluence as well as navigating our projects and spaces
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance
- Experience & Education Requirements / EEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education
- 8+ years of application administration experience with advanced configuration and end user support skills
- 5+ years of Jira administration experience
- 2+ years of Confluence administration experience
- 2+ years of Bamboo and Bitbucket experience.
- 2+ years of Linux systems experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, etc.) is required
- Working knowledge of networking, DNS, databases, Exchange and Active Directory, and APIs is required
- Atlassian certified Jira Administrator highly desired
- Due to ITAR, US citizenship is required
For more information about this job, get in touch with Nick Williamson by email at email@example.com.