The 3 types of contractors – and why you should hire them through ClearHub
Do you want to hire software contractors, but don’t know where to start? You’re not alone. Research reveals that most tech firms use contract workers to meet 40 to 50 percent of their staffing needs.
Whether you need to fill a skills gap or just need short-term help for a specific project, a contractor can bring many benefits to your business. For starters, they are often a more cost-effective option, compared to permanent hire, as you don’t have to provide any workplace benefits and usually work with them in the short-term. Plus, they can bring in a level of expertise into your organization to boost your business processes and projects or train up your staff.
However, not all contractors are the same, and many businesses struggle to find quality candidates with the right IT skills and experience.
At ClearHub, we understand that you need to ensure that whoever fills your role can complete the tasks assigned to them as efficiently as possible, providing you with good value for money and a guaranteed level of expertise.
That’s why every contractor we work with is technically tested by an industry expert in the skills that are important to you, so you can be sure they can get the job done. If, for any reason, you’re not happy with a contractor, we’ll find a replacement quickly and at no additional cost to your business. Plus, we offer Platinum Partner level technical support to our contractors. We’re proud to offer this level of support to contractors and organisations alike – it’s what sets us apart from the competition, and is the core reason we’ve bene in business for 20+ years.
We work with a range of specialist IT contractors, focusing on the following areas and addressing the following business requirements:
Atlassian Contractors: If you need to improve communication at your organisation
Atlassian’s extensive suite of tools help teams work smarter, helping companies run their communications as smoothly and efficiently as possible. However, Atlassian is a complex platform, and its usage often grows beyond individual teams, spanning entire organisations thanks to the benefits it provides.
As such, many businesses need to find an expert or number of experts to provide support within managing Atlassian tools.
Most businesses need Atlassian contractors that can help in one of the following three areas: to set up a new platform, manage your existing platforms and train your staff to use these platforms.
Did you know that the average large organisation tracks 1.4 million issues through a single Jira instance? Our Jira contractors can help you:
- Set up your Jira software, exploring your business needs and working with you to develop workflows to support your IT teams.
- Manage your existing Jira deployment, helping you find a better way for your IT teams to manage incidents. For example, you could hire a software contractor to manage the maintenance of your workflows, permissions, issue types and so on.
- Train your teams to understand how to use Jira in the most effective manner. Whether you need basic training or helping your staff understand a specific feature, your contractor will make sure everyone is making the most out of Jira.
Confluence is a collaboration wiki tool to help teams share knowledge efficiently. Our Confluence contractors can help you:
- Set up your Confluence wiki and/or migrate your existing intranet portal to ensure it has the information and functionality you need.
- Manage your existing Confluence wiki. They can, for example, restructure your architecture, index your documentation, manage user permissions and install plugins.
- Train and mentor your stakeholders, instilling best practices so you can make the most of the functionality.Agile Contractors: If you need to streamline your projects to deliver on time and on budget
Agile principles can help you deliver your products quickly and efficiently. However, instilling an agile culture in your workplace can be difficult. So, many organisations decide to bring in external agile experts to spearhead this transformation. At ClearHub, we work with a range of Agile experts, including:
- Agile coaches: to help you rethink and change the ways you go about your development process, addressing issues such as workflow practices and team collaboration.
- Scrum masters: to help team members understand and use the values and principles of agile development.
- Agile project managers: to plan, lead, organise and motivate agile teams, delivering projects on time and on budget.
DevOps Contractors: If you want to foster innovation and collaboration
A DevOps approach effectively assimilates your development and operations teams to improve collaboration. Research reveals that companies that adopt this way of working deliver software quickly, reliably and safely.
However, there is a massive skills shortage in this area, and many organisations are struggling to find the specialist skills required to fill their roles. At ClearHub, we can help you take your DevOps to the next level and work with experts including:
- DevOps engineers: from infrastructure and automation to scripting, we have a broad range of skill sets in our network of contractors to help you bring momentum and expertise to your project.
- DevOps managers: to help you develop a DevOps strategy that is aligned with resilience, cost and performance in mind.
- Cloud engineers: our CloudOps engineers can setup, configure and integrate your systems so everything runs smoothly in the cloud.
At ClearHub, we have 20+ years of experience matching the right contractor to the right project. We’ve helped organisations find highly motivated and skilled contractors to meet the demands of their business requirements. As a result, those organisations have got products to market faster and improved their efficiency.
If you decide to hire an Atlassian, agile or DevOps contractor with us, our guarantee and expertise in the recruitment field take the risk out of this process. If you’d like to find out more about how we work, please contact one of the team today.